Recollect the day when you initially got your pristine PC. Fresher ones are normally quicker. Over the long run, your PC’s speed and execution might disappear, for instance getting some margin to begin and opening and shutting a program may be longer. Attempting to work with a lagging PC can disappoint.
PCs lull because of different reasons including the absence of memory, downloaded programs, and the presence of PC infections or malware.cA sluggish PC on your hands can be an essential driver of loss of efficiency and concentration. It can likewise be very disappointing when you’re in significant work just to regard yourself as standing by more and doing less of the work.
In any case, there are basic hints you can follow to see a speedy presentation help on your pc, which can be convenient when you’re out with your PC and have to finish stuff quickly.
Here we’ve given you 5 methods to speed up your pc. And here are they:
Optimizing System Visuals
You can boost your PC’s performance up to 2x by just tuning this setting a bit.cAll you have to do is just minimize the visual effects by simply opening the settings app.
To minimize the visual effects follow the steps given below:
- Open the Settings app and go to System.
- Scroll down and open About.
- Click on Advanced System Settings.
- Now a pop-up window will open. In the window click on ‘Settings‘ under performance.
- Now, Another popup window will open. In the window select Visual effects and check on ‘Adjust for best performance‘.
- Then click on ‘Apply‘ and click ‘OK‘.
Delete Temporary files in the ‘temp’ folder
Erasing Temp records or Temporary documents two times every week makes your PC quicker. In PCs, transitory records are made and put away while utilizing illustrations, video or media altering programming, and so on. For the most part, these documents consume more space on your desktop.
Steps to delete temporary files:
- Press ctrl + R and type temp. Then click OK.
- Now select all the files by pressing Ctrl + A.
- Delete all files by pressing the Shift key + delete.
Note: If a deleting error occurs(as shown in the picture below) then simply click on skip.
Delete Temporary files from the ‘%temp%’ folder
Deleting temporary files from this temporary folder will boost your PC’s performance and increase the working speed. It is recommended to delete temporary files weekly. Temporary files are files that are created by the applications for single use and once used, these are no longer important. If you have not deleted them since buying your laptop/desktop then it’s time to do that.
The steps to delete the unnecessary/temporary files are given below:
- Press ctrl + R and type %temp%. Then click OK
- In the new window select all the files by pressing Ctrl + A.
- Delete the files permanently by pressing Shift + delete.
Note: In case a deleting error appears then check to Do this with all current items and click Skip.
Clear temporary files using Disk Cleanup
If you have deleted the temporary files using the steps given above then you’ve boosted your laptop/desktop performance to up 3x. So you may be wondering what is the need to delete temporary files using Disk Cleanup. After deleting the temp files using the above methods you’ve deleted most of the temporary files but still, some hidden temporary files are remaining to be deleted.
To delete the hidden temporary files using Disk Cleanup follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Ctrl + R and type cleanmgr. Then hit enter. ( You can also manually search for the Disk Cleanup application )
- Now select Disk C and click OK.
- After that click on Clean up system files.
- Then again select Disk C and click OK.
- Now all the unnecessary and temporary files will be shown up. Select the kind of temp files you want to delete and click on OK.
- Now click Delete files.
Running Disk Defragmentation
Essentially, while saving the records, the PC stores the information arbitrarily in the free space of a hard circle. Along these lines, the processor finds it challenging to recover records. To conquer this issue, we go for the defragmentation interaction. This cycle picks every one of the bits of information that are spread across your hard drive and assembles them back again for the simple extraction of information by the processor.
Here are the steps to Defragment your disk successfully:
- Press Ctrl + R and type dfrgui. Then hit enter. ( You can also manually search for the Defragment and Optimize Drives application )
- In the new window select Drive C and click Optimize.
Note: It may take a few minutes depending on your PC’s hardware. So wait and be patient.